Wilcken Family

Wilcken Family

Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Roller Coaster moves upward

Sunday, March 31, 2013 [7:14 PM]

I arrived in Texas around 2:30. Julie drove us to the hotel, via a few backroads and I crashed when we got there (just a short 60 minutes nap). When I woke up we started talking about names. The names that Julie liked are: Aleeah, Abigail, Nadia, Nalani, Jamie Sue, Emma Jane, Alyssa Sue, Erika Sue, Hanna Sonaya, Jamie Sonaya, Eleanor, Ellie Sue, Ella, Eliza, Anna.

I haven't really thought much about names. I don't know if that is because I didn't want to get too attached or what. While we were talking, we got a phone call from Becca and then Betsy and then Daneene. After about 90 minutes of telling and retelling the story we got a cryptic text from Lisa and that was followed up with a phone call. We were about to take a turn upward on the rollercoaster.

Lisa said that Erika called her and asked what would happen if she could leave the hospital and the baby couldn't. She told Lisa that she was still planning on signing with the attorney on Monday. Lisa told Erika that she would have to sign a release before she left the hospital and that typically the paper is signed at the hospital. She also told Erika that I had joined Julie and that we would be willing drive down to the hospital if she wanted us to. Erika said no because her Granny was coming.

Erika indicated at one point that Julie would drive her to the lawyers office. She also told Lisa that the next time the nurse came in, she would have her call Lisa. We're not really sure that will happen. Lisa told her that she needed to talk with Eric her attorney and Lisa told us that would be her next phone call. Lisa also indicated that the last thing that was said was Erica needed to go to the bathroom and someone entered the room and Erica asked for help getting up so that she could go to the bathroom. Giving the appearance that she was indeed at the hospital.

We are now sitting atop the Rollercoaster thinking that there is about a 50/50 chance that this will go through tomorrow. We'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. It's like a real life movie!! Keep the blog posts comin! :) xoxo. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete